Jun 7, 2010

Mixed Media playtime


I haven't posted lately because I've been so busy with the kids! Day camp does not exist out here, which is so foreign to me. Where I'm from, no one ever asked, "What are you doing this summer?" We asked, "What camp are you going to?" I know my friends have heard me repeat this before, but I'm still amazed that when I talk about day camp out here, people look at me like I'm an alien! Needless to say, I've spent the last few days scheduling activities, registering and schleping my kids everywhere with me. Pool time has been great and they really have fun playing together. I'm just not sure how long this will last over the next 11 weeks. I LOVED camp as a kid, and I know they would have a blast. I also know that it is all relative. They can't miss something they've never experienced either.

Additionally, my birthday was on Friday. I can't believe I'm 39. Crazy!! I had a wonderful weekend celebrating with my friends and family. My mom brought me a cake from Deerfield's Bakery and today I couldn't stop eating it. My good friends all know my philosophy with cake and I couldn't stop myself today. So much for watching what I eat!

Yesterday was Gia's dance recital. It was 3 hours long! She was amazing. She knew every step in both routines (jazz & hip hop). I was SO proud of her, but more importantly she was proud of herself. She told me she wants to take ballet again. Now I have to figure out what to do with the costumes!

The above picture is the beginnings of the mixed media piece I'm trying out with the funky background. I think it looks too busy, but I will play with it and see what happens. I'm feeling a little blocked because working in the basement while it's beautiful outside isn't so motivating. I could carry everything upstairs, but I just don't want to. I'm hoping my mojo will return soon!

1 comment:

  1. I like the start of it. I want to work with more mixed media this summer. I'm so excited about it. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

    ReplyDelete