May 6, 2010

Slump




Ok, so I've been in a slump lately. I think it's this whole tooth thing. I had to go to the dentist again today to get impressions made for the temporary. I felt nauseous sitting there, listening to the different possibilities. I didn't cry even though I wanted to.


Anyway, I have wanted to paint and draw lately but just feel stuck. This is our living room which STILL isn't finished. I know my husband wants to kill me! I decided to do a leopard on leopard pattern that is texturized using Lusterstone. It looks BEAUTIFUL, but the stencils are literally falling apart and I have lost my steam. I refuse to go spend more $$$$ for new stencils when there isn't that much left to complete. I MUST FINISH THIS! Every time I apply the material, pieces fly off and it gets everywhere. I only have that little corner & part of a small wall to finish and then I have to finish painting around the windows and trim under the tray ceiling. I just need the motivation to finish it! This is so not like me not to have it done already.
I am annoyed with myself, but then I say get over it and just do it. Ok, I will as soon as I have time. Maybe tomorrow afternoon?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Jami, Hang in there girl. You've got alot going on with your tooth. I wouldn't want to re-do my house if my mouth was hurting. It will still be there when you get better. Hope you feel better soon and try not to stress too much. I bet if you do go and create something you will be feeling much better. Yeah, that would be my excuse!

    ReplyDelete