May 12, 2010

Daughter's Collage


I just LOVE this collage my 5.5 year old created. (I HAVE to say the 1/2 part!). Gia refers to herself as an artist and has decided that when she grows up, she will be an artist, a veterinarian and something else - but I forgot! Anyway, she is great with color combinations and the details she adds to her drawings are fantastic. I will have to post a drawing or two soon. She has a thing for my supplies and even though she has her own, she only wants to use mine! I love the times we spend creating side by side, yet together.

The bottom picture shows two of my new journals I have just started. The left one still needs to be bound. I am trying it Teesha Moore style and am nervous because I used my all time favorite paper inside (Fabriano Artistico hot press) and I don't want to ruin it. The one on the right is sewn together a la Tessha Moore's directions on You Tube. Fast, easy and fantastic! This is the third one I've made like this. I'm also into Coptic stitching. What are you currently working on?

1 comment:

  1. I love creating next to my son also. He is 6 and the discovery is WONDERFUL at that age.

    ReplyDelete