May 26, 2011

Whispering Woodlands

This past Sunday, I drove out to Verona, WI all by my self. I went to Whispering Woodlands for the Twirly Swirly Journal workshop with Ingrid Dijkers. It only took me two and a half hours to get there and I didn't get lost!
I met some great women and had a wonderful day playing and creating. It was very scenic and tranquil out in Verona, and Jackie's place was really cool!
Jackie's house is a dome and the entire lower level is dedicated to Whispering Woodlands. She has different instructors scheduled throughout the year to teach various mediums.
The class was small and I enjoyed the intimacy. I really loved talking with Ingrid about how she binds her books and the materials she uses. She demonstrated her process of putting a page together, and I find it interesting how we all attack a blank page differently.
This is the journal I put together. I'm really loving the construction of the book and I really want to bind more. We used a dremel to make the holes and I liked this WAAAAYYY better than using an awl.
See the elephants on the front cover? I bought an entire piece of scrapbooking paper just because I liked the image of the elephants! Crazy??? Ingrid and Jackie validated my purchase which led me to go back the other day and buy 4 more sheets of the same paper for when I want it again! The day definitely inspired me and I bought some of Ingrid's cool collage sheets! I'm not sure what I will do with the Steampunk images, but I'm sure something will emerge.

Next Saturday is my BIG, BIG, BIG Birthday! I can't believe it. Every day it seems as if time is just zooming by. My husband has insisted on having a party for all of our friends to celebrate this milestone. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. The workshop sounds amazing!
    And the grounds and your art are beautiful, too!

    So glad I found you through the “All Kinds of Artists” Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete