Jun 6, 2011

40 and summertime!

Here are some recent journal pages and as you can tell, I was influenced by Ingrid Dijkers in my writing. I like drawing lines of varying thicknesses and filling the words in. I also like filling in the circles of the letters with marker. It's very relaxing!
I graduated from PT on Friday which was the day before my birthday! I have started Pilates and am loving the fact that I can do something again. It is hard, but it feels so good! Now, if the fat would just start to melt away........

I created this page after a party. I needed to get my annoyances out of my head and it really helped! I really feel this way and would much rather spend my time with people who are truly interested in an authentic friendship where there is a give and take.
As I mentioned, I had a birthday over the weekend. My birthday was Saturday, June 4 and it was a big one. I turned 40! I still can't believe I have been alive for 40 years. It's kind of crazy. My kids have 1 hour of school tomorrow and I will then have a 4th and 2nd grader! How? When did this happen? I had a great birthday with my family during the day and then a party with my friends at night. My husband cooked everything and nothing was left. In fact, I didn't even get to try any of what he made. It was all gobbled up, which is of no surprise to me as he is an excellent cook. Good food, drinks and time with friends from near and far who came to help welcome me into the club. I was the last one to join it seems and now my membership is authentic!
We only got a few pictures from the party, but this one is my favorite. I miss my girlfriend Lisa and her husband Jeremy. They walked in the door and were headed to the kitchen trying to find my chocolate chip cookies they knew I had made. It's been that way for the 10 yrs. we've been friends. The first thing they eat are my cookies, but I hid them. When we lived in the city, we had dinner together every week. I miss them too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie ... thanks so much for dropping into my blog. Your journal pages are wonderful .. love your style. I know what you mean about liking the more 'vintage look' ... me too, however like you, all this wild colour shows up. We are who we are .. I did try vintage for the cover ha ha. Happy Birthday .. see you in class when you get back into town. :o) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through the FTB Yahoo group- I really love your journaling style and looking forward to seeing what you create with MAM's workshop! Deb

    ReplyDelete