Apr 11, 2011

One week post-op



I can't believe my surgery was already one week ago! I've been stuck in the house all week and I think I'm over the worst. Lots of bruising, pain and waiting for stitches to dissolve. I ended up bringing some supplies up to bed so I could try to journal a little. Yesterday I took Max (my Havanese love) for a walk around the block. It took me a long time, but I did it and know I am recovering and on the road to being better than before. I realize now I underestimated the pain and difficulty I was going to experience. I am to start PT this week, but was told I am not allowed to drive for the next 5-6 weeks. I will remain prisoner but at least the pain isn't excruciating anymore. Just tired and I keep stuffing my face to occupy myself. I mean really, how much daytime TV can one person watch?

While I was stuck in bed, I did some online shopping and bought supplies for stamp carving. Remember I said I was watching how to videos? Well, I carved 2 stamps the other day and am pretty happy with how they came out. I want to go to the dollar store to find kids' erasers to carve and anything else I might find. I can't believe we don't have any of those erasers in the house!? Traci Bunkers' book PRINT & STAMP LAB came the other day and I read the entire thing at once. Hope to find the motivation and ability to get into the groove again soon. Just SO tired & unmotivated. I need to snap out of it!!!!!


I carved the spiral and circular stamps!


Finally finished this page while I was stuck in bed. Lots of doodling! Different for me b/c I made this journal small - - - about 5 x 5 - - as a demo for a class I taught. I like it!

1 comment:

  1. I found you through The Kathryn's Wheel calendar blog list & I love your work!! I'm a new follower!

    xo,

    Kristina-Nicole
    kristinanicoleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete