Apr 4, 2011

Oh, the pain!!!!


Last week was our spring vacation. I took my kids to NYC to visit my sister and her family. You see, my sister is my best friend and we talk every single day. Sometimes we talk more than once a day. About what? About life, stuff, nothing and everything.


I miss my sister terribly. She gets me more than any other person on this planet. She truly accepts me unconditionally and I know she is always there for me, no matter what. It had been
2 years since our last trip out east. Last year, my sister and her son came here. We had a blast like always, but I truly love NY!


Of course we had to go to Dylan's, Central Park, FAO Schwartz, Toys R Us in Times Square, Big Daddy's, the castle in CP, Grand Central Station and so much more.


Getting away to see her was important for us, our kids and it helped divert my attention. Remember how I herniated a disc? Well, I ended up needing surgery and it was set for April 1.
I am three days post - op and I can tell you the disc pain is gone! Amazing!!! However, the pain from the wound is real. No matter what I do, I feel it. I also feel awful from the medication. I have a few pages from my journals to post, but they aren't new. I'm not allowed to drive or lift or bend or twist or..... you get the idea. As I'm typing this, I feel lightheaded and nauseous and know it is time to go lay down again. When I've recovered more, I will definitely have more to post. I'm craving time to create. I've been watching videos on how to carve your own stamps and think I want to give it a try! Something else, I know. It's endless, isn't it??

Looking forward to finally being able to shower tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful if you have a sister like that.

    ReplyDelete