Oct 16, 2013

Speed of Life

Recently I bought Pam Carriker's new book Creating Art At The Speed of Life: 30 Days of Mixed Media Exploration. 

As I scanned through the book, I immediately decided to do every lesson. It might take me longer than 30 days, but I am going to do them all.

I LOVE taking workshops in person. There is really something to be said about being like-minded people who just get what you do. They love paper. They get excited about markers. They share what they've seen on so-and-so's blog or website. You get the idea.  About 5 years ago, I flew to Portland to take a soldering class from Sally Jean Alexander. I had the most spectacular weekend and a few years ago I flew to Ohio to take an art journaling workshop from Teesha Moore. Again, it was an amazing weekend.

I thought as the kids got older it would be easier for me to go take workshops, but oh was I wrong. There just isn't the time and I can't clone myself. So, I thought this will be a great way for me to participate. Sure, I've registered for many online workshops and I start but never finish. I think having a book might be the answer. We'll see. I will post my assignments and see how I progress.

I followed Pam's directions as to how to make her journal. It's a great size.   I made the color wheel and am ready for lesson #1. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow! It's supposed to be cold and rainy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment