Jun 17, 2013

Introspection

When I was a senior in high school, I took an English class called Introspection. Dr. Amberg was the teacher and this was THE MOST sought after class. Dr. Amberg was THE MOST sought after teacher. Since I helped with scheduling (we used index cards that said either "drop" or "add", highlighters & a humongous master schedule), I got every class I wanted!

An integral part of this class was keeping a journal. Everyday we had to have something in our journal. It didn't matter if it was a poem, a quote, words to a song, doodles, a drawing, etc. I remember thinking how cool it was to have a teacher that wanted us to doodle/draw!

I found my journal from Dr. Amberg's class & I had fun reading my entries. Most of them were about boys I liked or applying to college. I was amazed to see my doodles look similar to my doodles of today. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or shows a lack of my development. Either way, I am fascinated that even back in 1989, an educator recognized the importance of journaling & incorporating art. Pretty cool I think!

And, a 100 page spiral notebook only cost $2.59!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment