Jan 26, 2011
Here is the cover of my new journal. It's filled with yummy paper. Not Fabrianno, which is my favorite. I can't remember what I used. I will have to find out later! Last week I bought some oil pastels and acrylic paint by Acryla. I've been playing a little. Watched Vicky Christina Barcelona the other day and fell in love!!!! Penelope Cruz is gorgeous and so is her husband - just yummy. On top of it, I want to drop everything and go live in a small artsy town in Spain or Italy. Even my kids would love it. Maybe one day, when my husband and I are old and he wants to go back to pottery! Follow your passion. Passion is life!
at 8:53 PM
Jan 15, 2011
THE ANNUAL BOOK QUIZ from Daisy Yellow Blog
Respond in the comments or on your blog, leave a link and I'll link to ya!
- What is on your reading list for 2011? I can't list them all!,
- What was the best fiction book you read in 2010? I loved a lot!!! These is My Words,19 Minutes, Wuthering Heights, The Last Time I Was Me, The Help, 1000 Journal Pages, Creative Wildfire, Brave on the Rocks.... and many more!
- What b ook was the biggest let down in 2010? The Elegance of the Hedgehog
- Do you remember the first short story you wrote as a kid? What was it about? In 3rd grade I wrote a story that I made into a book, binding an all! I should have known that my love in creating the book was a doorway to walk into! Anyway, the story was about a town of miniature people that were swallowed up by a giant and their escape plan. (kind of creepy now that I think of it!)
- Do you keep track of the books you read? Just started to on Facebook
- How many books are on your TO READ list? I don't know. Every time I go into B&N or browse Amazon I find more I want to read. As part of a book club, we have our 8 already picked out for the year, but I always read more than that b/c there are just so many out there!!!
- Where is your favorite reading spot? in bed or at the pool on vacation
- How many books (fiction + non-fiction) did you read in 2010? no clue. I wasn't keeping track!
- Do you read more than one book at once? yes
- Do you read more fiction or non-fiction? novels are more non-fiction
at 12:13 PM
Jan 7, 2011
Finally, I am back!!! I didn't go anywhere really, I think I just vacated mentally. The last two months have been crazy busy and fun! I meant to blog and post, but life just took over. Tons of eating, partying, and seeing friends!! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and am wishing you a Happy New Year. We had a wonderful time with family and friends.
Here are some recent pages. I'm excited b/c I'm just about finished with this journal and need to stitch up my new one. I'm going to try a new watercolor paper even though I LOVE Fabriano Artistico. Take a peek here....
at 6:53 AM