Jul 22, 2011

Long time

It has been ridiculously long since my last post. I have been up north so my kids could go to day camp. They had THE BEST time ever and the temporary relocation was definitely worth it. I got the chance to spend lots of time with my girlfriends I had to leave when we moved out here. It made me miss them terribly! As great as it is to go away, it is always nice to come home. I missed my bed, my house, my new friends and my stuff. I didn't bring anything with me. It was just too difficult. So I haven't gotten a chance to play in forever!

Before I left, I signed up for MaryAnn Moss's Full Tilt Boogie class. She seriously is full of major creativity, inspiration and helps you look at things differently. If you are looking for a fun class that teaches bookmaking and visual journaling, check it out! I definitely recommend it. Here are 2 practice books I stitched together. I love the stitch and the fact the stitches are exposed. My daughter and her girlfriend took them as their new journals. My daughter already decorated her covers!


When we got home last week, I had some time to play and this is what I created. It's ok. I really want to buy a Japanese Screw Punch as I'm not loving how the awl pokes the holes. They just aren't real smooth. I've heard the Screw Punch is a million times better. I'm also not in love with the covers. Just a little boring for me, so I think I will leave it until I figure out what to do with them. Like usual, I love the process of making my own book. More are to come!!


No comments:

Post a Comment